As a multiple trauma survivor, Iʻve learned how to transform my trauma into creating an authentic, joyful, resilient and purposeful life as an artist and serial social entrepreneur dedicated to Mālama Hōnua – taking care of our Island Earth. I was able to do this with the guidance of wise and loving kūpuna – elders that shared ancestral wisdom traditions and practices.
Hale Makua (a.k.a Makua), my kupuna was a venerated Native Hawaiian elder in Hawaiʻi and globally. He taught me the esoteric practices of our ʻohana – family. He was also recognized as the elder of the Lono Makua ʻohana worldwide. Lono is the Hawaiian god of agriculture, healing, love, peace and fertility, and globally is known by other names. Makua is now in spirit.
He was fond of saying, “ The Greatest Mystery in Life is YOU!” Makua also taught his students that knowing WHO you are … including understanding your unique life purpose and being of service to the ʻāina (nature) and humanity will give you the keys to the kingdom.
Living a purpose-filled life of service in part demonstrates the values associated with lōkahi. Lōkahi is a spiritual practice which builds personal and community resilience, while simultaneously enhancing planetary wellness.
There was no turning back after I began to literally experience multiple “miraculous events” proving to my logical mind that I was “not alone” and that the Creator and my ʻaumākua – ancestors and guardians had my back. I made a commitment to live lōkahi from that point on. This was over 35 years ago.
Lōkahi: A Healing and Transformative Journey
Living with the intention and vision to be of service creates a lōkahi life-style or harmonious living conditions between yourself, humanity and the spiritual and natural worlds. A consequence is that your mana or “divine life-force” increases to attract what you need in order to fulfill your kūleana – your responsibility and purpose. One might describe this as the Universal Law of Attraction.
Understanding and implementing my WHO, WHAT, WHY and lineal responsibility (kūleana) was healing and life-transforming. It gave me the will to live and the courage to dream. I was also finally able to make sense of and “forgive circumstances” which had created multiple traumatic events in my life during childhood.
My healing also accelerated through the guidance of my ʻaumākua. Alongside my elders, their wise counsel also helped me to understand and implement my kūleana. Through this process, Makua initiated me through Rites-of-Passages so that I was able to reclaim my soul, voice and life-force from “negative polarities.” By doing so, my clarity deepened on all levels, including taking the steps in building the life I yearned to have – the life I was born to lead.
All roads led to Mālama Hōnua, which allowed me to travel the ancestral star trails meeting with other traditional peace-keepers with similar kūleana to mine.
Through practicing Mālama Hōnua, we are able to learn how to Live Lōkahi and experience unity with Creator – Ke Akua or God. Perhaps you might say Source or Divinity. We are also able to experience ourselves as ONE with nature and humanity.
It begins with making a commitment to understanding who you are, knowing your kūleana, and living your purpose. It begins by committing to live a life of service.
You are Worthy of Receiving the Life of Your Dreams
If you are willing to make these commitments then our Live Lōkahi™ programs may be for you!
Live Lōkahi™ Systems: Serving individuals, communities, organizations, businesses and governments
Select List of Programs for Personal & Business Development
- Discover or re-ignite your WHO, WHAT and WHY a.k.a. kūleana – lineal honor, privilege and life mission in order to lead a meaningful and fulfilled life;
- Learn how to Live Lōkahi – live in harmony with the spiritual and natural worlds to co-create a purposeful and meaningful life, business or social legacy through bridging holistic traditional Hawaiian and global wisdom practices with science, technology, engineering, art, agriculture and math (STEAM);
- Connect with your ʻaumākua – ancestors and spiritual guardians and learn how to be safely guided by their wisdom;
- Discover and harness your ancestral and other unique gifts in order to fulfill your kūleana – life purpose and be a contributing member in society;
- Learn practical steps on how to live and implement your kūleana, including how to create your personal, family or organizationʻs social legacy program which enhances personal and community wellness, gives back to our ʻāina (nature/Earth) and global commons, and builds vibrant and sustainable communities;
- Increase your mana or divine energy in order to attract and receive what is necessary to fulfill your kūleana, including healing and resources to support your personal/your organizationʻs vision, mission, goals and values.
- Meet, play and co-create with your ʻohana (family/tribe) in the pursuit of living your kūleana and “becoming the change we wish to see in the world.”
Taking the Next Step and Coming Home to Yourself
If you are interested in learning how you can Live Lōkahi and have the life that you were born to lead i.e. creating a social legacy that reflects your vision, purpose and values, then I invite you to join me for a 1:1 exploratory coaching session – a makana or gift to you.
During this time, we will discuss your vision, goal, values and any perceived challenges or obstacles which may be preventing you from creating and receiving the life that you desire, and were born to live. Through this process, we may also discuss how I might be of service.
Mahalo for your interest in learning how to Live Lōkahi!
E mālama pono – Take care of yourself and cherish the light within,
We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him.”
– Mahatma Gandhi
Sign up to receive your gift - the Live Lōkahi Hawaiian Wellness Blueprint.™
You will also receive our wellness tips i.e. interviews with wisdom keepers and thought leaders twice a month, and you may opt out at any time.
Malama pono - Take care and cherish the light within!